- 2 cups field peas (butter beans, black eyed peas, white acre, etc)
- 2 links smoked sausage, sliced into coins
- 1.5# fresh local shrimp
- 4 ears corn
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves, fresh (or 1 dried)
- 1 large spring onion, sliced
- 4 T. butter
- 1/4 c. Coconut Suka
- 3 cups vegetable, chicken, or shrimp stock (or water)
- Preheat oven to 425. Roast corn in husk for 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepot, simmer field peas, bay leaf, and red onion in chosen liquid for 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and continue to cook for 20 minutes, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Remove corn from oven and let cool. Remove husks, slice kernels off cob.
- Add corn and shrimp; stir to ensure shrimp are cooked through- about 2 minutes.
- Add Coconut Suka and butter; taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary.
Add any herbs you have in the garden: chives, parsley, basil